Contact us with questions
Last updated May 23, 2019
We may change the provisions of this Policy at any time and will indicate when changes have been made by revising the date at the top of this Policy. Your use of the Services, or any portion thereof, following the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you access the Services to make sure that you understand our information collection, use and disclosure practices. If we make material changes to this policy, we will provide you with additional notice of such changes and give you an opportunity to opt-out of the Service before using or sharing previously collected information in a materially different way.
Information That You Provide to Us
- Workona may collect information that you provide when you use the services, such as when you: (1) create an account; (2) purchase a subscription to a paid version of the services; (3) send questions or comments via email or live chat to Workona customer support; (4) submit your resume to us online; (6) fill out surveys; (7) integrate third-party data (such as browser history) with Workona, or (8) otherwise communicate with us through the Services. The types of personal information that you provide may include your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, credit card information, photograph/avatar, and other contact or identifying information that you choose to provide.
- Content. Workona stores, processes and maintains files that you create and/or upload using the Services (as well as previous versions of your files), including Workona workspaces that you create, sharing lists, and other data related to your account in order to provide the service to you.
How We Collect Information
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Account activity. Workona's servers automatically record certain information about your use of Workona. Similar to other web services, Workona uses both permanent and session cookies, web beacons, and pixel tracking technology to record information such as account activity (e.g., storage usage, number of log-ins, actions taken), data displayed or clicked on (e.g., UI elements, links), other log information (e.g., browser type, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, referrer URL, etc.), and to remember user preferences while using the services. Workona may collect automated error reports in the case of software malfunction; such error reports may contain some or all of the information in your workspaces and may be reviewed to help resolve problems with the Workona software or service.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
- We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account info and friends, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking site.
- If you elect to purchase a subscription to use a paid version of our Service, we may receive information about your purchase from our third-party payment processor.
- We use analytics services and software provided by third parties to help us understand how users access and use the Services. These tools and services place cookies, web beacons and other devices or technologies on our Services to enable them to track traffic data. The data collected typically includes information such as your IP address, your Internet Service Provider, your web browser, the time spent on webpages, the links clicked and the advertisements viewed on those pages. We use this information to improve our Services and your experience, to see which areas and features of our Services are popular and to count visits.
How We Use Your Information
- We use personal information collected through Workona’s services for purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you on or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Operate and improve our services;
- Send you advertising or promotional materials, including information about new products, contests, features and enhancements, special offers and other events of interest from Workona and our select partners;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and to send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor and evaluate trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide ads, content, communications or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Files you create, upload, or copy to Workona may, if you choose, be read, copied, used and redistributed by people you know or, again if you choose, by people you do not know. Information you disclose using the chat function of Workona may be read, copied, used and redistributed by people participating in the chat. Use care when including sensitive personal information in files you share or in chat sessions, such as social security numbers, financial account information, home addresses or phone numbers.
- We may use your personal information in order to target and display advertising to you on our site that is provided by third parties.
- Workona reserves the right to review workspaces to help resolve problems with the Workona software or service, or to ensure compliance with our Terms of Service.
- Workona may share your personal information with third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- When we have your consent.
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf, who are hosting our data, and need access to your information to carry out their work for us. These entities have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information they obtain from us, and, unless we notify you otherwise and provide you with an opportunity to opt-out, will not use your personal information for any purpose other than as described in this Policy.
- With data analytics and advertising services in order to understand your preferences and to show you advertising on our site or through our Service.
- With law enforcement, courts of competent jurisdiction, or others when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Workona, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- With your employer if the domain of the primary email address associated with your Workona account is owned by your employer and that email address was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and an authorized representative of that organization wishes to establish a Workona company account and add you to it, then certain information concerning your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your name and email address, and your account may be added to the corporate account.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, and anonymized information, such as the number of users who accessed a certain url, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of some or all of Workona’s assets, bankruptcy or reorganization, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of Workona’s business to another company.
- Workona takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information and your workspaces from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction and to ensure that your workspaces remain available to you.
Browser Do Not Track
- Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Because no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
- You may terminate your use of Workona at any time.
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, or mail from Workona by visiting your user settings page at https://workona.com/settings and updating your communications preferences, by following the instructions in emails or text messages, or by sending an email to email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party cookies used in connection with our Services. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact Workona at: firstname.lastname@example.org, contact Sales at (628) 888-0141, or at 245 South Railroad Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94401.