The Best Tab Savers for Every Browser
It’s the most frustrating situation imaginable. You’re in the middle of work, when all of a sudden your browser crashes and you lose your tabs. You’re panicked and angry — after all, getting things back to normal could take hours.
We can help. If you need immediate help with restoring tabs, follow these instructions:
If you want to safeguard your tabs in the future, tab saver apps and extensions are available for most browsers. This article will show you what to look for in a tab saver and recommend the best ones.
- What is a tab saver?
- How tab saving can improve your productivity
- The best tab savers for Chrome and Firefox
What is a tab saver?
Of course tab saver apps and extensions save your tabs, but that’s only part of it. Most browser extensions that save your tabs do so as a subset of a bigger feature: tab management.
Tab management can include:
- Organizing and saving your tabs by project
- Suspending your tabs to increase memory
- Bookmarking tabs to read later
- Snoozing tabs, for those who use tabs as a to-do list
- Saving and closing tabs to clean up your browser
How tab saving can improve your productivity
Tab saving ensures that you don’t have to rebuild your projects from scratch in the event of a crash or other emergency. But the right tool does even more:
- Keep your work separated by context, so you can focus your brainpower on your current project.
- Improve performance. You want your computer and browser to stay speedy, even when you’re working with lots of tabs.
- Bookmark important tabs and make them searchable. This way, you don't waste time trying to find a specific resource whose title (or URL) you only vaguely remember.
The best tab savers for Chrome and Firefox
Workona is the only solution that automatically saves your tabs as you go along. It takes frequent snapshots of your workspaces so your tabs can always be restored to a recent state.
Workona neatly organizes your tabs into workspaces. It's a great system for people who work on multiple projects, like product managers, marketers, client service agencies, freelancers, developers — anyone who needs to seamlessly move between their projects.
Instead of tabs all over the place, Workona gives you:
- Speed (we've got built-in tab suspension to keep your memory from being bogged down).
- Easy access to your tabs, including the ones you've bookmarked.
- Organization for your projects, in the form of workspaces.
- Peace of mind. All the work you do in Workona is backed up securely and automatically, so you'll never lose your tabs again.