Best Microsoft Edge Extensions for Work in 2021
When we're talking about extension-rich browsers, Chrome and Firefox dominate the conversation. While the new Microsoft Edge Addons store doesn’t have nearly as many extensions as Chrome and Firefox, we've handpicked the most useful ones available. Read on for our list of the best Microsoft Edge extensions you can try right now.
The best Microsoft Edge extensions for:
Best Microsoft Edge extensions for productivity
Looking for a productivity extension that checks all the boxes? Consider Workona, which helps you manage tabs, organize projects, and bring together all of your work in the cloud.
- Manage tabs and keep memory under control with built-in tab suspension.
- Separate your work by project to stay focused.
- Bookmark web content and save to individual workspaces.
- Connect with top cloud apps so your work is at your fingertips.
- Share saved resources with anyone on your team.
OneNote Web Clipper
Bookmark managers keep your browser organized and free of clutter. If you’re looking for a dead simple bookmark manager, OneNote Web Clipper allows you to clip all or part of a web page to OneNote and save it for later.
- Clip images, pdfs, and videos, among other options.
- Access your bookmarks across any device.
- Access your bookmarks offline.
Best Microsoft Edge extensions for remote work
Workona is an easy way to share documents, links, bookmarks, and any other saved resource in the browser. Use it to collaborate on projects with your remote team members and contractors.
Remote work features
- Share and access cloud resources regardless of browser preference.
- Collaborate on projects, meetings, and recurring workflows with a team.
If you need to show a colleague your screen to work through a problem, Fireshot has you covered. It lets you take high-quality screenshots, including full-screen shots so you don't have to piece them together manually.
- Save screenshots to PDF, JPEG and PNG, or copy to clipboard.
- Screenshots are instant, stored locally, and produce no traffic.
- Works offline and online.
Best Microsoft Edge extensions for collaboration
Microsoft Office has several collaborative apps, including OneDrive and Excel. The extension adds an icon to the Microsoft Edge toolbar that gives you direct access to your Office files, whether they're stored online or on your computer.
- Open files stored in OneDrive and OneDrive for Business.
- Access the features of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Sway right in your browser without having to install Office.
Evernote Web Clipper
Looking for a web clipper with a collaborative component? Evernote Web Clipper lets you highlight text on pages and share clipped content via email or links.
- Save content from websites into your Evernote account.
- Clip full pages, save parts of a page as an article, or simply bookmark the page.
Best Microsoft Edge extensions for security
No matter what kind of work you do, it's important to use proper password hygiene. Last Pass, a freemium password manager that stores encrypted passwords online, can help.
- Safely store and access passwords and login credentials.
- Generate secure passwords anytime.
- Choose to store logins in Microsoft Edge.
Avast Online Security
Dangerous websites are all over the internet. A tool like Avast Online Security helps you browse safely by checking every site you visit for suspicious activity.
- Stop phishing attacks.
- Show user reviews for a website.
- Warn you if a site is flagged as unsafe.
Best Microsoft Edge extension for browser speed
If you tend to open lots of tabs, you know they can slow down your computer. Workona has a built-in tab suspending feature to keep your computer and browser running smoothly, even with hundreds of tabs open.
Tab suspension features
- Suspend tabs so they look normal, but they only load into memory once you've clicked on them.
- Keep tabs in memory until they're suspended through inactivity.
- Set your own rules for when tab suspension kicks in, or choose to suspend specific tabs.
Best Microsoft Edge extensions for focus
The Momentum extension is designed to keep you focused and on track all day long. When you open a new tab, it's there to remind you of your goals.
- Set a daily focus and track your to-dos.
- Be inspired by a daily photo and quote.
When you’re trying to focus, nothing’s quite as annoying as pop-ups and ads. Luckily for us, Adblock Plus is a popular adblocker that will prevent ads from getting you off track.
- Block intrusive YouTube ads.
- Improve page loading times.
- Fight off harmful malvertisements.